Skip to Main Content
Getting the message "Hold for Authentication" on Macs
"Hold for Authentication" Message on Macs
- Open your "spotlight search" by clicking the magnifying glass at the top of your screen.
- In the search box that pops up, type "keychain access" and press enter
- Your keychain window will pop up. Search "followmeprint" and it will isolate the file. Double-click the file to open.
- Make sure the username matches the first part of your HPU email (before the @) and the password is correct, then save changes.
Can't Click "Open Anyway" on Mac System Preferences
Can't Click "Open Anyway" on Mac System Preferences / System Preferences is Frozen
- Press and hold the "Command" key and then press the Q key to fully quit System Preferences.
- You should now be able to re-open it and select "open away" to continue the installation process.
"Can't Connect to Printer" Error Message on PCs
"Can't Connect to Printer" Error Message when Installing on Windows Laptop
- Try the alternate method of installing Follow Me Print on Windows by first clicking on this link.
- Click the link listed under the heading PC, titled "Setting Up Mobility Printing for Windows" and follow the instructions.