After you enable your account at any printer on campus, the next step is to install the driver on your laptop. Afterward, it will show up as a printer on your laptop called “FollowMePrint.” Sending a job to FollowMePrint sends it to a cloud (not a specific printer). The cloud holds the job for 24 hours until you swipe your passport at any printer on campus and “release” (print) the job.
Please use the following directions to install the HPU Follow-Me Print system on a Windows or PC computer:
1. Go to this link and download the driver: Download Print Drivers
Note: You will need to unzip (extract) this file and choose Windows Drive and choose "FollowMePrint.exe" in order for the driver to install.
2. Locate the download from your computer and double click to open. When the Compressed zipped folder comes up select Run.
3. A command box will appear and the file will install.
4. Upon completion, a pop-up box will appear asking for your HPU credentials (academe\username and password).
5. Click OK to complete.
6. To verify you are connected, from the Start Menu select “Devices and Printers” to see the "FollowMePrint" on HPU-Print printer.
As a Windows user, every time you change your password or receive a new passport, you will need to go through these steps again.