After you enable your account at any printer on campus, the next step is to install the driver on your laptop. Afterward, it will show up as a printer on your laptop called “FollowMePrint.” Sending a job to FollowMePrint sends it to a cloud (not a specific printer). The cloud holds the job for 24 hours until you swipe your passport at any printer on campus and “release” (print) the job.
Please use the following directions to install the HPU Follow-Me Print system on a Mac Computer.
2. Locate the download from your computer (typically in your downloads folder), double click to open.
3. A pop-up window will open asking if you are sure you want to open the file. Click Open.
If you receive a pop-up stating the file can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer, please close it and take the following steps. If not, skip to step 4.
a. Click the Apple logo in the top left of your screen.
b. Choose “System Preferences.”
c. Navigate to “Security & Privacy.”
d. On the “General” tab, click the lock at the bottom to make changes.
e. Enter your administrator username and password.
f. Under “Allow apps downloaded from:” select the bubble next to “Anywhere”.
g. Click “Allow apps downloaded from anywhere.”
h. Then, relaunch the “FollowMePrint” file.
4. Another pop-up box will open asking how you want to open the file. Click Save File and then click OK.
5. A terminal window will open, and the file will install. It will look like this:
You can close this window after it completes. The driver should now be installed on your mac.
6. To verify you are connected, click on "System Preferences" and select "Printers and Scanners."
You should see the "Follow_Me_Print" printer successfully installed:
7 .Every time you print you will be asked to input your HPU credentials (username and password). Your laptop will auto-fill the username with your administrator username, but this is NOT THE CORRECT USERNAME. Highlight it and replace it with your HPU e-mail username (not the full e-mail address, just the first part) and password. If the print job will not send and says "hold for authentication" it means you entered the wrong username and password.
If you choose to remember your HPU credentials in your keychain, it will not ask you every time for these; however, when you change your password, you will need to remove your HPU print keychain entry and input your new credentials when prompted.
8. Now go to a printer and release your job to verify that everything is set up correctly.