Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Image Source: https://pixabay.com/photos/books-students-library-university-1281581/
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
If the HPU Libraries do not own an item needed for your research, you may request the item from another library through Interlibrary Loan. This service is available to HPU students, faculty, and staff. These items include:
- Book chapters
- Journal articles
- Audio/visual materials
- Instructional or specialty audio/visual materials
- Music scores
Articles can be delivered electronically to the patron’s email in about 1-3 days. Books take a bit longer, between 1 and 3 weeks. When requesting materials, please keep in mind that these are the average turnaround times. Items can be picked up in Smith Library; Faculty may request to have items delivered to their campus address via campus delivery.
You can make ILL requests and check their status by logging into your HPUShare account.
Before You Borrow
Before creating an ILL request, try searching for materials in one of the following access points:
- HPU Library catalog: The premiere portal to HPU library collections .
- Journal Finder: An access point to our academic journal collection.
- Google Scholar (HPU-specific link): A version of Google Scholar that includes a direct connection to HPU held items as well. You can ONLY access this version of Google Scholar through the HPU library homepage.
- Triad Academic Library Association (TALA): An agreement that HPU Libraries has with other Universities in the area. This agreement lets you check out materials from University libraries that participate in this agreement.
All of these access points can be found on HPU Libraries homepage. Searching in these places first will save you the wait if we have access to the materials you need.