What kinds of items can I request via ILL?
- Book chapters
- Journal articles
- Audio/visual materials (DVD, Blu-Ray, etc.)
- Instructional or specialty audio/visual materials
- Music scores
How much does it cost to request an ILL?
- There is no charge to use the ILL service.
Where can I submit a request for an ILL?
- You can request materials directly from your library account.
- You can also find the materials you need via the library catalog by finding the book/article record and then clicking the blue button that says "Interlibrary loan/Faculty Delivery."
How long do materials take to arrive?
- Arrival times vary depending on the lending institutions. Articles take 1-3 days to arrive and books take anywhere from 1-3 weeks to arrive.
I need my ILL materials in a hurry. What do I do?
- If you need materials in a hurry, try checking the library catalog, JournalFinder or Google Scholar (HPU-specific link) on the library homepage. You can also see if one of the TALA schools have what you need. To view a list of the TALA schools, click here.
Is it possible to track my request?
- Once you submit the ILL request, you will not be able to track it like you would a package from Amazon, Ebay, etc. You will receive an email when your materials have arrived so keep an eye on your HPU email. If you still have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where do I pick up my ILL materials?
- It depends on the kinds of materials you have requested. Articles will be emailed to you directly and books can be picked up at the library circulation desk or delivered to you directly (faculty only).
How do I know when my requested materials are ready to be picked up?
- You will receive an email in your HPU email when your materials are ready for pickup.