The purpose of this guide is to help you locate information about careers and research information about companies. You would use this information to:
- Research possible industries and companies for employment
- Research a company when prepping for a job or internship interview
- Doing research for a business class
- Doing research while interning or working in a business or non-profit
When looking up a company, here are some key terms to remember.
- Headquarters - each company has one and only one - this is where the hiring is done and this is where contracts are written.
- Subsidiary - is a company owned by another company - you could get a job or internship there as well.
- Branch - part of a company - a ford factory would be a branch of Ford Motor Company. You might work or intern in a factory but you would apply for that job or internship through the headquarters.