Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Introduction and Getting Started
This libguide is to help the students in REL 2099 Blosser with their video project by linking to tutorials and resources.
Please remember to email the Media & Digital Resource Librarian Amy Chadwell (email@example.com) with any questions or concerns.
Getting Started Tips:
- Consider your time needed to record, research, and edit your film. Example: for a 3 minute video, allow at least 3-6 hours of work.
- Write down everything you use that you did not create for citation purposes. You may not remember what you used if you don't do this as you go along. This guide has examples of MLA citations for common media types you might use in this project.
- Outline: key concepts, overall vision or approach, cast and roles for group, decision on types of media to use.
- Script: dialogue should be written down as rough or as verbose as you want any speaking to be.
- Storyboard: sequential list of shots, sketches, direction. (Use PDF below to help.)
- Rough Cut: Gather all film, other media to be used and begin to edit
- Final Draft – Finished product to turn in or shared online. Last shot has citations for all media incorporated.
HPU Media Links
HPU Media Equipment and Software
HPU faculty, staff, and students can check out a variety of multimedia equipment from HPU Libraries, including video and DSLR cameras, audio recorders, microphones, SD card readers, external hard drives, and more.
Free Media Resources
The Free Media Resources guide includes descriptions and links out to free media software on a variety of subjects, including photograph editing, mind mapping, infographics, curating objects, and much more. This guide can be used when thinking about different multimedia project ideas.
HPU Libraries Media Services
The media page of the library website is a landing page for all things media.