EndNote is a reference management program which can automate much of the work of organizing and formatting citations and bibliographies.
You can use EndNote to:
1. Import references directly from article databases
2. Pull reference information from stored PDFs
3. Access references from anywhere using EndNote Online
4. Capture references for a webpage with the push of a button
5. Store your article PDFs and other relevant files
6. Highlight and annotate directly onto PDFs
7. Organize your research into libraries and groups
8. Collaborate by sharing libraries and groups with others
9. Output bibliographies in over 6,000 different styles
10. Embed quick citation tools into Microsoft Word, and more!
EndNote is available free of charge to HPU students, faculty and staff.
Endnote has two interfaces--a downloadable desktop program and an online "cloud-based" library. Set them up to synchronize, maximizing access to your library across locations and devices.
Most of the content on this guide applies to using the desktop version of Endnote. For instructions specific to the cloud-based version, click the tab for EndNote Online.